The Real Picard

Poker Blog for The Real Picard - nothing less, nothing more.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States

Loving God & Loving People - the two MOST important things in my life, especially where my family is concerned. Third is helping people when they need it and fourth playing Texas Hold'em. Hey, it's just a card game, right?

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Slaughtered at the WPT

Monday, September 19, 2005

Picard holding $10,000 Entry Ticket Paid in Cash by FTP


Picard Table 7, Seat 3

Well, while I chew on this crow, let me be the first to say "I'll be back" at the WPT. I lasted through three levels at my first WPT event at the Borgata. My first downfall was in the first level. Committed to throwing anything away except AA, AK, KK. I was the Big Blind with Q8s, everyone folded except the Small Blind who called. Flop came out 88Q so couldn't resist, I did a ten times pot bet not expecting to be called. The Small Blind called. On the turn a five. The small blind had less chips than me so I pushed all in to get him out, he called tossing over his Pocket Queens and taking the Life right out of me.

Picard and Phil Ivey


I was short stacked the next two levels, making it to level three. Every time I was a blind the players bet my stack. Finally having two pair on the BB I went all in and was called by someone having a pair of sixes with an Ace in the hole and rivering an Ace.

Definately gave me a wake up call and some more knowledge for the next time I am entered into a Main Event.

Chris "Jesus" Ferguson, Picard and Mike Matusow


Nice Highlights of my experience were dinner with Chris Fergusson, Phil Ivey, Mike Matusow, Eric Siedel, and some other FTP Pros, I got some nice photos too (one with me wearing Chris Fergussons WSOP Ring).



Picard wearing Chris Fergussons WSOP Ring!

Had a Great time, sure could have been better though! Walked away with Great Memories, a few lessons, and a Full Tilt Bag loaded with FTP shirts, hats, cards, jacket, etc.

Picard and Eric Siedel

Thanks Full Tilt Poker!!!