The Real Picard

Poker Blog for The Real Picard - nothing less, nothing more.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States

Loving God & Loving People - the two MOST important things in my life, especially where my family is concerned. Third is helping people when they need it and fourth playing Texas Hold'em. Hey, it's just a card game, right?

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Septembers Thought on Hold'em


I get letters asking for advice, tips, etc. I can't wait till I'm really a PRO and people want autographs and photos, sure... lol Ok, here's my "tip", thought and/or advice for September 2005 (I'll start doing this once a month).

Chris "Jesus" Ferguson has said "Position, Position, Position" however if there are 3 P's in Poker I would say "Patience, Position & Pot" with the key emphasis on PATIENCE. If you are not prepared to throw in the majority of your hole cards, find another game, as you will not consistently WIN playing this game. Relying on a "gut instinct" or "gut shot" will simply bring more pain TO your Gut.

Read and reread the above, then take some time to think on it. It's the BEST advice I am offering for September, 2005!

Peace
The Real Picard